Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm Baaaack.

So you thought Hot Pink Butter was dead, didn't you?

Actually, so did I, that is, for some time. That, my friends, is due to a number of reasons. The most prominent in my mind being the fact that I thought that if I was going to be a marketable young attorney with a spankin' clean reputation and outward appearance of professionalism, that I could no longer post to this blog with the same artistic freedom
and candidness as before (read: freedom to cuss). Also, I was busy living in a place known as Washington, PeeA, where there was plenty to blog about, but due to small-tahn syndrome, I was sure that someone with an Internet connection would get wind of my ranting and I would be forever shunned. And no one wants to be shunned.

Well, some things have changed, and others have not. To summarize the progress in my life, I will use a list format, as I do with most things in my life:

1. I graduated from Pitt Law in May 2006.
2. I am now burdened by two monthly law school loan payments (the feds get the big check & the bank gets the small check).
3. I passed the Pennsylvania Bar Exam & was admitted to said Bar in October 2006.
4. I have been working as a Law Clerk for a Washington County Judge for 14 months.
5. For the first 12 of those 14 months, I rented a duplex in the City of Washington across from a drug dealer.
6. The highlight of my law clerkship so far was experiencing a 1st Degree Murder jury trial, with sharp object as definite murder weapon, fecal matter-covered flashlight as possible murder weapon, crackhead homeless violent Defendant, 63-year old naked murder victim, and all. (BTW, yes, Randy Douglas Reese was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and will reside at SCI Camp Hill for the duration of his natural life.)
7. I purchased my first home (FSBO) in the Souf Side Slopes!
8. I have been living out years of my dreams (& nightmares) of TLC/HGTV by rehabbing the cosmetics of the aforesaid home.
9. I sold my nine-year old Dodge Durango & bought Skafta's grandmother's 1999 green Honda Civic so that I could afford the student loan payments, mortgage, and bills while living on the equivalent of minimum wage for lawyers AND filling my vehicle with enough gas to drive 330 miles each week to and from work.
10. I continue to work for my Judge by commuting 33 miles south each day to Wash Cow (a job that I would love all the more if if were (1) in Pittsburgh and (2) paid me $5-10k more per year).
11. Travel in the past 16 months included Florida, Colorado and Aruba. Fantastic!
12. I re-immersed myself in tap dancing by taking Advanced Tap once a week at my cousin's studio, Kickline Dance Center. I dance alongside high schoolers who think that I am nuts. Funny, but nuts. And, yes, I danced in the recital. In a costume. And forced everyone, including the Judge & our staff to come and see it.

Ummmmmm, so I think that about catches everyone up on my life. Now, I can post about normal things, funny things, political things (well, except for politics in Wash Cow, because as an employee of an elected official, I am prohibited on many levels from doing so).

Hooray!

P.S. I hope that you like the new look of the Butter.

3 comments:

emily said...

omigod you're back!

it's like christmas came early!

xoxo,
emily

tiramisu1998 said...

I would like to speak to Diceburgh about the Randy Reese trial..I have no legal affiliation with Randy. I knew him personally when he lived in Florida...PLEASE respond...Thanks, Cindy...tiramisu.1998@yahoo.com

Ash_Tragedy said...

Hello,

I would also like to speak to you about the Randy Reese Trial, I just want to know certain things about the trial and I also have no legal battles with Randy Douglas Reese, you see he is my birth father and I would just like to know a few things.

Please e-mail me at ishy_boo@ymail.com

Thanks,
Ashley Reese