Saturday, December 31, 2005

Hello Aught-Six!

It's finally here: the year of my law school graduation. This phenomenon always freaks me aht...when you start a new degree, they assign you this seemingly arbitrary futuristic title. Class of 1997. Class of 2002. Class of 2006. And semester after semester, this year seems so far, far away.

Then one night, you are hanging aht...

and BAM - 2006!

When the mysterious graduation year sneaks up on me it I want to celebrate the fact that I survived this far. But it also saddens me because the sily, crazy, stressed-out, laughin'-so-hard-I-nearly-pissed-my-pants...wait-I-DID! trip is almost over. The Class of 2006 will get its time to bask in the glory for a few days (specifically, May 27, 2006), but then it's back to the grindstone. The bar. Yea.

This correlates to how after the new year, everyone dates their checks and notes wrong. Our minds, fingers and souls seem to reject the unknown of the new four-digit demarcation at the end of the date. (That is, except for you savvy laptop Mircosoft Word note-takers, who don't even have to know what date it is because your computer's got your back.) So, what I'm saying is that New Year's always alerts me to the fact that I will need more Wite Out to fix my mistakes.

So, whatever yinz are doing for this ridiculous calendar holiday, I hope that you do it safely so that you can be around to see us rock 2006.

Love to all,
Dice

2 comments:

AML said...

Go Steelers!

Anonymous said...

Just realized I dated my notes wrong today... Guess Word didn't have my back.