Sunday, May 07, 2006

48 Hours, Backwards & Forwards

Well, howdy there. Bet you weren't expecting to see a new post on the Butter. And here I am.

Here I am, fresh from a wedding roadtrip to northeast Philly. Suburban Philly. Meaning a place where the road is split into, like 4 sets of 3 lanes, the ones in the middle being for folks who do not want to make any turns & the outer ones for people like us who are staying at the Radisson & brunching at IHOP. With Walgreens & Wawas on every corner.

In brief, it was a quick trip across Pee-Ay & back, with kudos to the Turnpike Commission & PennDOT. Psych! Total cost of tolls: $34.50. What a (monopolistic) bargain. The ceremony was held at this little old covered bridge in Bucks County under sunny skies. I had the refreshing opportunity to reunite with some old high school & college pals & dance my pants off with all the older ladies & little kids in the bride's family's beautiful yard.

So, I am back in the Burgh, facing down the last 1/2 of a copyright memo. This memo is the last fucking thing I have to do for law school. THE LAST. Pretty sweet, huh? I researched & wrote the first half almost 2 weeks ago. Then, of course, Nona passed & I had to study for Es&Ts & finish my seminar paper. This puppy is due Tuesday at noon. Um, that's like 15 minutes before I am scheduled to have Lasik surgery on my eyeballs. Of which I am psychologically terrified. Oh, and I have my first job interview in a year tomorrow at noon. Big gulp.

I, like BFF TMcC, simply yearn to have the freedom to clean my apartment & chill out before I begin studying for the bar exam on May 15. Yep, PMBR starts in ONE WEEK. Then, BarBri starts on the 22nd. And, well, it's all downhill from there.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Timmer said...

Welcome home and best of luck, Sweetie! You know I am with you all the way. Don't get manic tomorrow--I love you manic, but it sometimes scares people. :)

Big NLW Kisses!