Thursday, April 20, 2006

My Perfect Job, As Imagined

OK, this is a BIG "what-if", but...

This January, I had lunch with a Professor to brainstorm about enviro law non-profit job opportunities/ideas/whatev. Over huevos rancheros, Silverfox joked that if I could come up with my own salary, LITERALLY PAY MYSELF TO WORK THERE, he would hire me at PF. Like, get myself a grant or "ask Daddy to pay your salary." Um, WHAT? A little insulting, I must say. But this was all in jest. He was just trying to lighten what seemed to be an extremely bleek situation; there are so few prospsects for a fresh, young enviro law grad who wants to remain in her beloved P-burgh. (Gawd, I just used the 3rd person in referring to myself.) And practice enviro law, or any type of law at all, for that matter.

Here's the "what-if?" portion of the idea...that's if you're being pessimistic, though.

I'll do better than pay my own measly salary to work at PF.

I WILL WIN POWERBALL.

Then, I will buy King's Court across from the Barco & turn it into a HUMONGOUS Legal Clinic! I will buy some sweet new technology so that we can keep up with the resources of big firms and represent even more pro se litigants. I will provide salaries for staff attorneys for each clinic so that we can really get some work done. And then, I will buy some great professors to work in it! It will be the smoothest, pimpist law school clinic on the planet. Trust me.

And, of course, I will have a job there, too. As a "good-side-of-the-lawsuit" enviro hippie gansta attorney. And I will pay my own salary. Hooray.

Don't worry, though. Seymour will get his comeuppance once the whole Powerball thing comes through in the form of some sweet mountain woods.

So, there. That's my plan.
Happy Holidays!



1 comment:

Timmer said...

Memphis Bleek? Please fix it, sweetie.

Love you! :)