Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Just Call Me "Shit for Brains"

Hi there. Um, today when I posted for the first time in, like, 3 weeks, I tried to be all "oh, sorry I've been too busy to blog." Then, I mumbled (Query: Can you mumble while blogging, since it is really an audible act?) something about procrastination, which was my brain's passive-aggressive way to complain about my seminar paper about how nasty waste coal flyash is for "remediation" of acid mine drainage. ANYHOO, I was not being completely straight with you about why I have not been posting on the Butter.

This is really embarrassing...what's even more embarassing is the fact that I have actually sought help from other bloggers about my "problem with Blogger."

Um, yeah, I forgot what my Blogger username was. Yep. I kept trying to log in as "Diceburgh" instead of "candacestockey." To add to the confusion, every time I logged in as Diceburgh, I existed. Although there was no blog attached to that username, nor was there a complete profile, Diceburgh (with my corresponding password) lived. But not with the Butter. Confused? Me, too.

So, this went on for. like. two. weeks.

Long story short, it occurred to me on the bus yesterday that perhaps I had been using the wrong username. And I was (obviously) correct in my well-overdue hypothesis.

An aside: In this age of multiple online accounts (email(s), school, banking, eBay, NYT, photo services, etc.), how in the hell are we supposed to keep all of our usernames & passwords straight? I only ask because it is considered poor form to always use the same username &/or password. Lordy. My brain is way too overloaded sometimes, I guess. So there. I'm not perfect. Ha!

P.S. Buccos won tonight!! We're 2 and 7, bitches. Watch aht, Cubbies! And T's loverboy, C.Dubs had a homer. Excellent!

No comments: