Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Let's Go Bucs!

Sorry for the prolonged absence. Since I am supposed to be writing my seminar paper right now, I am obviously using the Butter as a procrastination device.

I would just like to say that the Pirates are off to a sad start, yet again. 1-7 with an embarassing home opener, yet again. Silly errors & a collective inability to judge how balls will riccochet off the outfield wall. These dudes need some more Spring Training. But, this critique is expected from any devoted fan.

I would like to publicly complain about the Pirates' score cards, which are available for $1.00 at PNC Park. This year, some morons decided to make the entire score card glossy, instead of just the outside. Writing with a little pencil does not work very well on a glossy surface. Further, the eraser removes the carbon, but since you have to press so hard to write on it, the indentations remain after you erase. Thus, I must insist that they stop printing the score cards like that & go back to the old format. OK, it was good to get that off of my chest.

Yesterday was the first official day of spring according to the book of Dice. My own personal federal holiday of sorts. The weather was glorious, the beer was cold and I was surrounded by friendly faces. I suppose making it onto the Jumbo-tron TWICE in one game could be considered to be an accomplishment. Oh, and scaling a 15-foot tall lamp post to steal a humungous yellow balloon without getting arrested could also be seen as a great endeavor. Or just drunken stupidity? Whatever you call it, yesterday rocked! Thanks everyone for blowing off school/work/etc. for some well-deserved celebration.

Now, all we've gotta do is win some freeking games.
Go Buccos!

No comments: