Tuesday, February 21, 2006

An Epic Misclassification



On Sunday, I tuned into VH1's "100 Greatest One-Hit Wonders", (hereinafter, OHW) during a short break from my productivity. Since I have seen portions of this show before, I kinda spaced out in a half-listening kinda way. My attention was piqued when I heard the first chords of Faith No More's most well-known hit, Epic.

I couldn't understand VH1's classification of FNM & Epic as a OHW. All preceeding songs were OHWs as were the artists who performed them. Meaning that the other OHWs on the list never rose to fame again or had any career longevity. Therefore, I respectfully request that the Court of Music Justice find that VH1's interpretation of the standard of OHWs as applied to Epic was unreasonable.

OK, I've aired my beef. Time to get back to Hosty v. Carter...1L briefs. Ex. cell. ent.

No comments: