Wednesday, January 25, 2006

DOG The Bounty Hunter

Time to reveal a dirrrty little secret.

There's a certain TV show on A&E that I have fallen in love with: DOG The Bounty Hunter. Don't skip the musical intro, or you will miss the theme song which was composed & performed by Ozzy Osbourne.

This is the life of Duane "Dog" Chapman, proprietor of DaKine Bail Bonds on the island of Maui, Hawaii. This is a family enterprise, as his sons, brother & luscious wife, Beth, all work together to hunt down and "rehabilitate" convicts. Mostly, DOG does not care to revoke bonds, but if the co-signors are fed up with the criminal in question, it becomes "go time."

I can't quite explain why I love this show...the family values? Tough love? DOG's amazing hair & accessories (which include bicep bands & those dangly feather thingys for your hair that you used to win at carnivals & county fairs)? Sigh.

Another interesting aspect of the show is seeing the real Hawaii. These folks are straight-up from the island. My naiive exposure to images of the 50th state have always included leis, hula dancers & volcanos...maybe I'm a bit sheltered in terms of Hawaiian culture, but damn, there are some crazy folks living there (maybe even more than in P-Burgh...um, naaaah.)

All I know is that if I ever go to Hawaii & get arrested, I am definitely going to DaKine & procuring DOG's services. K, bra?

No comments: