Monday, January 30, 2006

"Sometimes I Really Hate Pittsburgh Because I Love It So Much"

I saw this quote on a poster this past weekend & I just wanted to say to the author, "Brilliant!"

You have captured in a very precise, yet simple way, what I have been feeling inside for the last 10 years of my life. I don't want to leave my sweet Pittsburgh, but it doesn't seem to want me to stay that badly. I can't find a job doing what I want to do here. But, I am on a mission to make it work between da 'burgh & I. I'll just look harder to find a position as an enviro lawyer.

As far as giving credit where credit is due, I emailed the Partisan Project, headed up by Brett Yasko, for more info on this quote & the poster it rode into my brain on. This group also printed the posters from the 2004 election that you may have seen arahn tahn. One of my favorites (by Kyle Goen, of Brooklyn, NYC) follows.




No comments: