Thursday, January 26, 2006

My New Personal Mantra

Big ups to Big Weave (my hip-hop aerobics drill-masta, to whom I owe a substantial explanatory post) for dropping this new track from Remy Ma. The second chorus of the song "Conceited" plainly states:

"See, I look too good to be fucking you..."

See I look too good to be fuckin you
And I look too good to be loving you
You know I look way too good to be stuck with you
I'm conceited I got a reason


Wow. That's quite a statement.

Not one I necessarily subscribe to, but...DAMN! You've certainly gotta respect this woman's high level of self-esteem!

Actually, at 8:30am, standing in the sardine-squished isle of the 54C, bus-packed-completely-to-the-gills - someone's touching my butt! typa-situation, this song will do wonders to brighten your day. Put it on your "Mornings Suck" playlist. Not to mention that it gives you a special kinda swagger as you walk to grab some coffee & a cig before you descend upon the Barco for the day.

Amen.

2 comments:

AML said...

Good Mantra...now remix in some Sting, and you've really got something.

Diceburgh said...

He has some-typa dance "Jam Zone" on Tues. & Thurs. now...but I normally go on either Mon. or Wed. for regular hip hop aerobics. Once in a while he will totally throw in the weights for maybe 10 minutes. At first I didn't like it, but it has grown on me a bit.

No pain! No gain!