Monday, January 09, 2006

One Manning Down...One to Go

I would like to personally thank Kimo von Oelhoffen for tearing Carson Palmer's ACL! It was the start of some serious pahnding, let ME tell YOU. Then we took out Chris Henry & a couple other Ben-gals, just for good measure. Now the first half was not quite what we were looking for; Jamie definitely yelled "douchebag!" more times in the first half than the second.

The highlight of the game was obviously the gadget play that involved Big Ben, Antwaan Randle El, Big Ben (again) & Cedrick Wilson for the TD!! If you have not seen it yet, (& shame on you if you didn't watch the game), check aht SportsCenter tonight & get right with the Stees!

Now, the awful news is that we must face the Colts next Sunday. Peyton Manning. This will be the game of the year. Another tough one. I am already nervous, but if the Stees are on, they can beat 'em. My approach would to be to tear Peyton's ACL in the first quarter. That would be a bit dirty, but effective.

To wrap up the rest of the wildcard weekend, let me just say that:
1. The 'Skins v. Bucs was more interesting than I thought it would be. Very good defensive matchup. Watching Jon Gruden freak out is actually scarier than Caher's chin.
2. I was very disappointed in the Jaguars v. Pats game. As you might guess, I HATE the Patriots, Tom Brady (well, those commercials are kinda funny where he asks for the grocery store worker's autograph on a melon), & Belichick. But poor little Byron Leftwich & his f-ed up ankle couldn't do shit. And the Jags' unis left something to be desired, fashion-wise.
3. The "holy shit!" game of the weekend goes to the Carolina Panthers! I wanted them to kill Eli Manning & his Giants, but WOW, they really just had to scare him into throwing innumerable interceptions. If I were a Giants fan, today would suck. And tomorrow. And every day until the embarassment wears off.
4. The Steelers v. Bungles has already been discussed, but I am glad that I watched it with the "crew." What I drank from 4:30pm-9:30pm: 5 shots to celebrate our scores; 1 rally shot (which really worked); 1 victory shot; 3 IC Light pahnders; 1 Molson XXX bottle; 2 IC Light aluminum bottles. And then I slept.

School started today. And I made it on-time to my 9am Copyright Law class. 3 cheers for punctuality! Feeling a little bit shakey, I also made it through an abbreviated Enviro. Litigation class. I. Am. Victorious!

But the rest of the day has CRAWLED! The time is going by soooo slowly & I am just waiting for Wild Bill to go book shopping with. I mean, why else would I be blogging at the Barco?
When will 3pm arrive? Aaagggghhh!

Peas aht.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope yinz in the 'burgh are doing your part to decorate the terrible tree.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06011/636258.stm

mb