Friday, January 06, 2006

Jack Osbourne Climbs El Cap!


Jack Osbourne : sport climbing :: peanut butter : dog poo

That's what I would've thought before midnight last night.

I was getting ready to turn in after a few glasses of wine, but as I channel surfed, I came across a show called "Jack Osbourne - Adrenaline Junkie" on the Travel Channel. Apparently, Jack quit poppin' Oxys, shed 70 pounds & took up climbing! I watched 3 back-to-back episodes, which culminated in his 6-day ascent of El Capitan, one of the most revered big walls in the world. It was awesome watching him lead pitches that I could only wish that I could climb...

It really made me remember all the fun, frustration & triumph that goes along with that sport. Maybe if I quit law school now, I could have the time to follow my dreams of becoming a professional snowboarder or climber. Let's not ponder such factors as lack of funds or suitable location or aging body...

Anyhoo, fucking congrats, Jackie. You did it!

No comments: