Thursday, January 05, 2006

Go Coastal

For the record, today I ate lunner (that's not a typo) at Long John Silvers. I have been craving LJS in a pregnant-lady-craving sorta way for at least a week & today, as I was in Monroeville, I finally satisfied my urge.

A few things to note about me & LJS:
1. I do not eat seafood.
2. I refuse to eat at LJS more than once/year. No exceptions.
3. Each thing tastes exactly like everything else. The only way you can tell each item apart is by the internal texture of the food.
4. I love to ring the Captain's bell as I leave, signaling to the crew that it was a job well done.
5. In the classic story Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson (written in the late 1800s), the ship's cook was named Long John Silver. Coincidence? I think not.

Anyway, here is what went into my belly:
3 chicken planks
approx. 25 french fries
8 hushpuppies
approx. 20 ounces of Coca-Cola

Fucking delish. 365 days til we meet again. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog entry suggests that you just might be preggers--who is the proud papa?? Mr. Chubs?

Kisses!

Diceburgh said...

I am on my G-D period. Seriously, check your Biology 101 textbook!!!
Jesus, Mary & Joseph.